OBJECTIVE: Seeking an opportunity to utilize my extensive experience in Finance and Accounts with a company that offers growth and increasing responsibility.
SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND: Chartered Accountant, highly experienced in analyzing financial data, maintaining Accounts and functional consultant to the multiple software development projects involving financial data and Planning & Budgeting
Deloitte & Touche Consulting (Deloitte), Kolkata
March 2011 to present
• Led the IFRS Convergence Projects as a Functional SME. Recommending the different changes while complying with IFRS requirements.
• Reviewing the steps taken by the client while moving from IGAAP to IFRS reporting. Identifying the system level changes required to become IFRS complied.
Major Clients: ITC (8 divisions), Rane Groups. L&T Finance, Ashok Leyland
Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC), Kolkata
September 2006 to February 2011
• Analyze the present (AS-IS) Financial Data and the Reporting system of PwC Canada and determine the different Measures, Dimension and Conceptual Data Models.
• Strategize the TO-BE Budgeting and Planning Process to be followed across the different Line of Service with the objective of automating the entire Budgeting System. • Set up meetings with finance Lead of different business lines to identify the major key performance measures and dimensions
• Lead the QA team of 5 resources based in San Jose, California designing the Test Cases in the Quality Center for the auditing software tool 'Aura' (Auditing software for the PwC network firms) from the functional and assurance point of view and also involved in providing a functional outlook to the overall testing procedures
• Lead a Team of 10 resources working with DMG (Data Management Group) with main focus on Data Analysis and SAS 99 Journal Entry and AR Liquidation Testing using Tools ACL 8.4 catering services to PwC US Assurance team for clients located across US.
• Instrumental in organizing training sessions for new hirers in Computer Aided Audit Techniques (CAAT) project.
• Part of the recruitment team for forming the 30 member team for the CAAT Project.
• Fostered an environment of teamwork and high morale during the auditing busy season.
Major Projects undertaken
• Computer Aided Audit Techniques (CAAT)- PwC US in offshore model
• Financial reporting and Budgeting & Planning process- PwC Canada in Toronto.
• Aura (Audit and Assurance software for Global PwC network firm) – PwC US in San Jose, CA
• Nominated for the training on Guideline for Engagement Management • Attended the Training in SAP SEM BPS (TBW45) held in SAP, Bangalore • Nominated for a day Seminar on Change Management organized by IIM, Kolkata • 2 day training on Corporate Performance Management methodology as one of important Client Issues
Hutchison Essar South Limited (Currently known as Vodafone Essar Limited), Kolkata
• Leading the Accounts Receivable (AR) operation for RoB (Rest of Bengal) Circle comprising of Siliguri, Asansol and Greater Kolkata branches.
• Maintaining accounts in Oracle Financials (11i) in AR section for both Prepaid and Postpaid connections
• Initiated the reconciliation process Accounts with the Billing System Reconciliation of the accounts with the data available from the Switches & Technical Division to prevent ant revenue leakage.
• Preparing the MIS for Receivable operations for RoB in both Indian and US GAAP
• Forecasting in conjugation with the Sales team -the monthly sales and computing the incentive claims of the distributor.
• Initiated the regular communication with the different distributors across Bengal during the start up phase of the operation.
• Negotiated with the Bank in setting up the regular credit process of collections across the circle.
Bajoria Holdings Pvt.Ltd. (holding Company of IFGL Refractories Ltd, member of Bajoria Group),Kolkata
• Preparation of Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Accounts along with Schedules for the purpose of audit.
• Maintaining Cash Flow Statement and preparation of weekly Bank reconciliation Statement.
• Preparation of monthly MIS & Finalization of Accounts of the Group Companies including Heritage • Managing the funds of Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Fund
Article clerk in audit firms – M/s Sen & Ray , Chartered Accountants
M/s Ramesh Narayan & Associates
• Statutory and Internal Audit of - Asian Paints Ltd , Redifussion Y&R , Alloy Steel Plant, • Maintaining Accounts and MIS – Hind Lever Chemicals Ltd., DFID (British Deputy High Commission).
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Final Examination : 2004 (May)
Distinction: Secured 39th Rank on All India basis in Foundation Examination
School/College Examination passed - Year % of Marks Div Remarks
St. Xavier’s College B.Com (Hons) – Calcutta University 1997 63% I Recipient of National Scholarship Award in B Com (Hons)
South Point High School Higher Secondary Exam. (Science) –WBCHE - 1994 72.1% I
-Do- Madhyamik Pariksha-WBSE 1992 78.3% I* Recipient of National Scholarship Award in Madhyamik Exam
• Date of Birth – 08 December, 1975 • Marital Status - Married